PMINAC supports the ongoing professional development of certified Project Management credential holders and the maintenance of their PMI certification by offering the opportunity to earn professional development units (PDU). This year’s programming incorporates the new PMI Talent Triangle and Continuing Certification Requirements Program.
If you hold a PMI credential (CAPM/PMP/PgMP/PMI-SP/PMI-RMP/PMI-ACP) and you attend the PMINAC Conference 2019, you have the opportunity to earn Professional Development Units (PDUs).
What is a Professional Development Unit (PDU)?
- The PDU is the measuring unit used to qualify approved learning and professional services activities.
- These activities must be related to project management topics that are substantially consistent with the knowledge areas and processes as outlined by A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and involve appropriate expert resources.
- Typically, one PDU is earned for every one hour spent in a planned, structured learning experience or activity. Fractions of PDUs may be reported in 0.25 increments following one full hour.
Note: You should only be claiming PDUs on the sessions that you registered for and attended. In case of an audit, PMINAC can only provide proof of your attendance based on the official registration record on your file, including any edits you made during the event.
- Log on to ccrs.pmi.org/login with your PMI ID and password.
- On the right-hand side, click on “Report PDUs”.
- Under “PDU Claim Code”, click on “I have a Claim Code”.
- It will prompt you to provide a claim code. Please refer to the PDU Reference Table for a complete list of activities and its associated PDU Claim Codes.
- Browse through the PDU Reference Table and input the session code you would like to claim a PDU for.
- Once selected, click “Apply”.
- Fill in “Date Started” and “Date Completed” as May 13, 2019 or May 14, 2019, depending on the session date.
- Review and make sure everything is correct. (Please note that all the sessions have been pre-determined with the PDU category you are able to claim – you do not need to change it).
- Click “I agree this claim is accurate”.
- Click “Submit”.
- Repeat the above steps to claim the rest of your sessions.
Please note that you can claim 1 PDU only if you participate in the entire PM Trivia during the Cocktail Reception, and a total of 1.5 PDUs if you participate in the Lunch Table Topics on both days.