PMINAC supports the ongoing professional development of certified Project Management credential holders and the maintenance of their PMI certification by offering the opportunity to earn professional development units (PDU). This year’s programming incorporates the new PMI Talent Triangle and Continuing Certification Requirements Program.
If you hold a PMI credential (CAPM/PMP/PgMP/PMI-SP/PMI-RMP/PMI-ACP) and you attend the PMINAC Conference 2017, you have the opportunity to earn Professional Development Units (PDUs).
What is a Professional Development Unit (PDU)?
- The PDU is the measuring unit used to qualify approved learning and professional services activities.
- These activities must be related to project management topics that are substantially consistent with the knowledge areas and processes as outlined by A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and involve appropriate expert resources.
- Typically, one PDU is earned for every one hour spent in a planned, structured learning experience or activity. Fractions of PDUs may be reported in 0.25 increments following one full hour.
Claiming PDUs from PMINAC Conference 2016
The PMI Northern Alberta Chapter has received full approval for all the PDU applications for all of the sessions from the 2016 Conference. Please click here to refer to the PDU table for a complete list of sessions, associated Talent Triangle category, PDU breakdown, along with dates and times of each session.
Please note that you should only be claiming PDUs on the sessions that you registered for and attended. In case of an audit, PMINAC can only provide proof of your attendance based on the official registration record on your file, including any edits you made during the event.
- Date of Conference: June 7-8, 2016
- Education Provider: C023 (PMI Northern Alberta Chapter)
- Log on to “myPMI“.
- On your “myPMI” page under the Certification Status, click on “Report PDUs“.
- From the left menu bar, click on “Search Activities“.
- Type in “C2016” and click “Search“.
- It should return 33 results. These are all activities for the 2016 Conference where you could claim PDUs from – refer to this search result and reference table for a complete list of activities and its associated codes.
- Browse through the result and select the registered session you would like to claim PDUs for.
- Once selected, click “Report PDU for this activity“.
- Fill in the dates (it will either be June 7 or June 8 as per the reference table).
- Review and make sure everything is correct. (Please note that all the sessions have been pre-determined with the PDU category you are able to claim – you do not need to change it).
- Click “I agree this claim is accurate“.
- Click “Submit“.
- Repeat the above steps to claim the rest of your sessions.
- Please note that you can claim 1 PDU for the Chapter Project of the Year and Chapter 35 Year Anniversary presentation during lunch on Day 2.